- Examples of bell
- Strike the bell with the brass chime hanging on the chain next to it.
- It clangoured through the house like a bell in a tomb.
- It is still necessary to warn clergymen against allowing the lazy and pernicious practice of 'clappering,' i.e. tying the bell-rope to the clapper, and pulling it instead of the bell.
- Ding dong bell, pussy's in the well!
- a bell drinker
- The lesson will end when the bell rings.
- Examples of bells
- Ding dong merrily on high, / In heav'n the bells are ringing: / Ding dong! verily the sky / Is riv'n with angel singing.
- I could say as much of the tintinnabulatory echoes from some score of bells.
- Great idea! We'll be there with bells on.
- to be agate; to set the bells agate
- The bells tolled resoundingly.
- His new car has all the bells and whistles, but it doesn't move through traffic jams any faster.
- The bells and whistles do not impress me.
- I need a new phone, but I don’t want all those fancy bells and whistles on it!
- The sound of the bells carried for miles on the wind.
- Examples of belled
- Her dress belled out at the bottom.
- Examples of belling
Examples of bells in a Sentence