- Examples of attention
- Mr. Doyle, an only son, grew up with the undivided attention of affectionate parents and two doting sisters.
- She's such an attention seeker she'd turn up to the opening of an envelope!
- When a male patas observes a predator approaching its group, he performs a noisy display, shaking the branches and overtly calling attention to himself.
- With strings, accordion, flute and lots of tambourine, it pays particular attention to the pizzica, a galloping six-beat dance related to the tarantella and long used as a faith-healing cure for spider bites.
- Jealousy is simply another way of demanding one's place in the sun – or under the domestic spotlight – a place in the center of the stage, as an exclusive object of consideration and attention.
- She only dresses like that because she thinks she is getting the boys' attention; she doesn’t even like the clothes. She’s such a poseur.
- I do not intend to draw attention to my heroic military service; Instead, I will focus on the economy.
- Is he really the next big thing, or is all the media attention just a bunch of razzmatazz?
- Examples of attentions
- delicate behaviour; delicate attentions; delicate thoughtfulness
- He was just as polite in his attentions as if the unplaned seat had been a carved chair of graceful shape and pattern.
- ... it left, however, a bee at his ear and an itch to transfer the buzzer's attentions and tease his darling; for she had betrayed herself as right good game.
- At an early point in these exchanges I had started to sidle to the door, and I now sidled through it, rather like a diffident crab on some sandy beach trying to avoid the attentions of a child with a spade.
Examples of attention in a Sentence