- Examples of assign
- to assign counsel for a prisoner
- We assign 100 to x.
- The definition of a continuous function assumes that the function is already defined for x = a. If this is not the case, however, it is sometimes possible to assign such a value to the function for x = a that the condition of continuity shall be satisfied.
- Perhaps I should make myself scarce before he finds any more miserable tasks to assign to me.
- All these the daughters of old Nereus were, / Which have the sea in charge to them assign'd, / To rule his tides, and surges to uprear, / To bring forth storms, or fast them to upbind, / And sailors save from wrecks of wrathful wind.
- Or, to put it bluntly: users could assign a star rating and feedback to anyone they knew, positive or negative, and the ratee could do very little about it.
- Examples of assigns
- He assigns supremacy to the pope in spirituals, and to the emperor in temporals. — Lowell.
- Examples of assigned
- This flavour of soup has been assigned the code WRT-9.
- Three cohorts of men were assigned to the region.
- Evaluatees are judged based on the assigned criteria.
- Andy evaluated fanzines against criteria in seven categories: layout, art, congeniality, genre, writing, temporality, and faanishness, and assigned 10 points to each category.
- All fungi for which sexual reproduction is unknown are assigned to the form class Deuteromycota until such reproduction is discovered in that species.
- All fossilized roots of scale trees are assigned to the form genus 'Stigmaria'.
- All fossilized roots of scale trees are assigned to the form taxon 'Stigmaria'.
- Each pair of home teachers should become [personally] acquainted with every child, youth and adult in the family to whom they are assigned.
- Although no judge will be assigned until the case is filed, court officials are creating plans for a separate computer server devoted to G.M.’s filing, which will be an even bigger megacase than Chrysler, which received that designation in April.
- Ness was assigned to track down moonshiners, then accepted the position of public safety director in Cleveland — not the stuff of a two-fisted series about G-men taking on the Mafia and various crazed outlaws of the period.
- Examples of assigning
- Boolean logic can be shown to be "embedded" in integer arithmetic (modulo 2) by assigning polynomials to logical connectives, like so:
- A Kleene-type ternary logic can be shown to exist "embedded" in integer arithmetic modulo 3 by assigning polynomials to the logical connectives, like so:
- But the other three problems had all grown out of assigning jobs to people he had no handle on.
Examples of assigning in a Sentence