- Examples of apply
- “We’ll take the learnings and apply them to the rest of our business.”
- A skilfull archer ought first to know the marke he aimeth at, and then apply his hand, his bow, his string, his arrow and his motion accordingly.
- To cope with these mental gymnastics we apply various ways of simplifying and reducing the information.
- In the marketing of Hala, which means “Welcome” in Arabic, nonbillionaires need not apply.
- A bastard is considered nullius filius as far as regards his right inherit. But the rule of nullius filius does not apply in other respects
- Is it not as misleading to apply a simple numbers game to the Civil Service as it is to the police?
- Since the very same reasons supporting the paradoxicality of Z apply equally to C, it is clear that both Z and C are paradoxical; hence, the Chrysippus intuition is false.
- Examples of applies
- The generalized formula applies to all cases, the specialized one only works on simple problems.
- To some degree this business about titles supplanting last names also applies to nonroyal peers, such as your run-of-the-mill dukes.
- This is a panlinguistic phenomenon that applies to Chinese no less than to any other developed writing systems.
- Instead, they will hear Philip Morris’s appeal only on the second question, which applies to this convoluted case, now in its ninth postverdict year, and to no other.
- A radio transmitter applies modulation to a carrier wave and the receiver applies demodulation to it to recover the message.
- Messengers are big fixie aficionados, but more and more fixed-gear bikes are being ridden by nonmessengers, most conspicuously the kind of younger people to whom the term “hipster” applies and who emanate from certain neighborhoods in Brooklyn.
- When an italicized label or guide phrase follows a boldface numeral, the label or phrase applies only to that specific numbered sense and its subsenses.
- This criticism applies also to bosing in which the ground is thumped with a heavy rammer; over filled-in pits, tombs, [ …] Bosing is successful where the top-soil is thin and firm, with an unstratified rock such as chalk beneath.
- Examples of applied
- Since the effectiveness of dispersants is time-critical, the sooner that concurrence can be obtained and the dispersant applied, the more effective such
- Applied to birding, the gis approach involves a deemphasis of separate field marks in favor of the gestalt, the essence that tells us a dog is a dog [ … ]
- After the first coat of paint dried, he applied another layer.
- The authors argue that Ricardo, unlike Marx, was no ‘metallist’, that is, he never applied the labour theory of value to the monetary metal to determine the general price level. --Economic Journal (1991) 101, p. 407
- Examples of applying
- Dr. Kays is applying the tracking system to explore the dynamic ménage à trois among the island’s population of ocelots; the ruddy, snouty rodents called agoutis; and the island’s towering and thickly buttressed Dipteryx trees.
- When applying for a position here, attach your resumé and cover letter to the application form before submitting it.
- A few feet away, her friend and castmate Tara Ross, also 18, was applying makeup; outside their door, a couple of boys were sacked out on a couch, studying notes in binders.
- It looked like this muscular fireman was hurting my grandmother applying a chest rub as he attended to her fainting but later we understood he was just trying to get her to come to.
- Circle the jobs that you are interested in applying for.
- Applying the star-triangle and dedecoration transformations [ …]
- Instead, Mr. Farmer, a professor at the interdisciplinary Sante Fe Institute, is doing research on models of markets, institutions and their complex interactions, applying a hybrid discipline called econophysics.
- Tristram Hunt misses a key point when he suggests governments and charities are better suited to tackling social issues than the growing breed of "philanthrocapitalist" - who are applying business and market thinking to social issues.
Examples of applied in a Sentence