air ExamplesEN[ɛə] [ɛː] [ɛəɹ] [ɛɹ] [-ɛə(ɹ)]
- Examples of air
- Warm, moist air was brought by southerly winds
- a stripless system for air traffic control
- the subbronchial air sacs of birds
- Japan, Spain, China and Germany are among those with superspeedy trains that rival air travel and easily eclipse the irritations of a car trip.
- The building was destroyed with a surgical air-strike.
- He read the letter aloud. Sophia listened with the studied air of one for whom, even in these days, a title possessed some surreptitious allurement.
- The television movie was so suspenseful that I leaped in the air and and screamed when the doorbell rang.
- Examples of airs
- The homy little town was putting on airs of a great city.
- You have married a woman beautiful in her person, charming in her airs, prudent in her conduct, constant in her inclinations, and of a nice morality - stap my vitals!
- putting on airs
- Hey, did you mean to leave the airs on all week while you were on vacation?
- Their newsmagazine airs twice weekly.
- Examples of aired
- The third series of Friends aired from 1996 to 1997.
- The third season of Friends aired from 1996 to 1997.
- It is more than two weeks that Babylon 5 aired for the last time. We, Portuguese Fivers of conviction, are few.
- I was not made of sugar, I was no mollycoddle to be afraid of an ill-aired bed or a sprinkle of snow; and I would knock upon the table with my fist and call for t'other bottle, like the noisy and free-hearted young gentleman I was.
- During those years you had programs like The Big Red One on WAPI in Birmingham, Alabama, which was avidly promilitary, being aired at the same time as The Anderson Platoon on CBS, which showed the 'grunt's-eye view,' an unfavorable picture of the war.
- Examples of airing
- After having been an inmate of our family nine years, having suffered countless frights and manglings from the many kittens we had kept in the time, he at last died by the claws of the family cat, when released one fine afternoon for an airing, and to have his cage cleaned.
- They had to blank out five obscenities before airing the song.
Examples of air in a Sentence