against ExamplesEN[əˈɡɛnst] [əˈɡeɪnst]
- Examples of against
- The president spoke outside the brick exterior of the firehouse for Ladder Company 10 and Engine Company 10, against the backdrop of a 56-foot-long bronze bas-relief depicting the towers in flames. — New York Times
- "Matt "Positron" Miller prepares his radioactive banhammer against mission architect abusers."
- He bashed himself against the door.
- She pits the lush 70s-style arrangements of Eumir Deodato against the oblique beatscapes of Mark Bell, who as a member of LFO led the UK charge to transform techno from euphoric hedonism into ominous paranoia.
- A beech wood with silver firs in it rolled down the face of the hill, and the maze of leafless twigs and dusky spires cut sharp against the soft blueness of the evening sky.
- I can't do that. It's against my beliefs.
- A treatise against the cravat and berdash. — Steele.
Examples of against in a Sentence