against ExamplesEN[əˈɡɛnst] [əˈɡeɪnst]
- Examples of against
- "Pulitzer's request"--Marshall would eventually write--"is both novel and complex, pitting the public's right to know [ … ] against the traditional confidentiality of presentence investigation materials."
- proof against harm
- I'm pretty sure I'm flunking math because my teacher is racist against Latinos.
- He collapsed, red-faced from the effort, against the door jamb.
- We had a resounding win against the rival team.
- The hostile forces were at an impasse; neither could attack with enough force and still defend against the retaliatory counterattack.
- The Romani have long been discriminated against.
- I have decided to run for governor of California. We're trying to find somebody to run against him next year.
Examples of against in a Sentence