able ExamplesEN[ˈeɪ.bl̩] [-eɪbəl]
- Examples of able
- The scientists were able to clone a sheep.
- This disjunction might pick out the same extension as the concept cat , but being able to entertain that complex disjunction isn’t sufficient for having that concept despite this coextensiveness.
- He was able to plea down his sentence by revealing the names of three of his cohorts, as well as the source of the information.
- He told us he was able to cold read the man's profession
- Rooney's United team-mate Chris Smalling was given his debut at right-back and was able to adjust to the international stage in relatively relaxed fashion as Bulgaria barely posed a threat of any consequence.
- I thought I would never be able to cope with life after the amputation, but I have learned how to be happy again.
- Supposedly, utilitarians are able to add and subtract hedons (units of pleasure) and dolors (units of pain) without any signs of cognitive or affective distress [ …]
- Examples of ablest
- as he approaches to the character of the ablest statesman.
Examples of able in a Sentence