- Official designation for currency in some parts of the world, including Canada, Australia, the United States, Hong Kong, and elsewhere. Its symbol is $.
- (by extension) Money generally.
- Colloquially in the United Kingdom, a quarter of a pound or one crown, historically minted as a coin of approximately the same size and composition as a then-contemporary dollar coin of the United States, and worth slightly more.
- (attributive, historical) Imported from the United States, and paid for in U.S. dollars. (Note: distinguish "dollar wheat", North American farmers' slogan, meaning a market price of one dollar per bushel.).
Word of the day
Picture of the day
Sentence of the day
- The cat jumped off the table.