- (law) unmarried (especially of a woman); widowed.
- (dialectal or obsolete) A wooden band or yoke put around the neck of an ox or cow in the stall.
- The bottom or lower part of anything, or that on which anything rests in standing.
- (dialectal, Northern England) A pond or pool; a dirty pond of standing water.
- (anatomy) The bottom or plantar surface of the foot.
- (footwear) The bottom of a shoe or boot.
- (obsolete) The foot itself.
- Solea solea, a flatfish of the family Soleidae.
- (mining) The seat or bottom of a mine; applied to horizontal veins or lodes.
- (transitive, Britain dialectal) To pull by the ears; to pull about; haul; lug.
- (transitive) to put a sole on (a shoe or boot).
Word of the day
Picture of the day
Sentence of the day
- On the other hand, reserpinised heart perfused with 1 μM ISO displayed a rapid response similar to that seen in control heart.