- An institution which holds books and/or other forms of stored information for use by the public or qualified people. It is usual, but not a defining feature of a library, for it to be housed in rooms of a building, to lend items of its collection to members either with or without payment, and to provide various other services for its community of users.
- A collection of books or other forms of stored information.
- An equivalent collection of analogous information in a non-printed form, e.g. record library.
- (computer science) A collection of software subprograms that provides functionality, to be incorporated into or used by a computer program.
- A collection of DNA material from a single organism or relative to a single disease.
- (card games) The deck or draw pile.
Word of the day
Picture of the day
Sentence of the day
- She has mashed potatoes as a sidedish every day for lunch.