- A system of rules and principles for speaking and writing a language.
- (uncountable, linguistics) The study of the internal structure of words (morphology) and the use of words in the construction of phrases and sentences (syntax).
- A book describing the rules of grammar of a language.
- (computing theory) A formal system specifying the syntax of a language.
- (computing theory) A formal system defining a formal language.
- The basic rules or principles of a field of knowledge or a particular skill.
- (Britain, archaic) A textbook.
- (Britain) A grammar school.
- (obsolete, intransitive) To discourse according to the rules of grammar; to use grammar.
Word of the day
Picture of the day
Sentence of the day
- It's a nice car, but they are charging an exorbitant price for it.
- You also have to pay exorbitant interest if you have credit card debt.